Our client is a global company creating software and software as a service (saas) products is currently looking for a Software Engineering Director who will be overseeing both Development and QA teams at their offshore development center in Quezon City, Philippines.
The Software Engineering Director will enjoy working with a geographically dispersed team and will be able to bring excitement and fresh ideas to the team. They are looking for an innovative manager who isn’t afraid of finding better ways to do work by constantly improving the processes, code and tools.
The person who will be hired for this position will be responsible for:
● Managing a strong development and test team to deliver the business objectives
● Helping Developers and QA with technical issues if they arise
● Collaborating with Product Managers & stakeholders to determine the viability of ideas for new or enhanced functionality of systems
● Ensuring project scope and schedule is defined and reasonable
● Tracking and managing project schedules to releases deadlines
● Coordinating support issues requiring an escalation for immediate resolution
● Working with QA team members to ensure proper quality control coverage for a release
● Participating in assessing and improving the development process
● Facilitating mentoring and training of the team
To be considered for this position, you must have;
● Working experience as Technical Director managing a development and test team. Having and experience in leading an office or region would be an advantage
● Experience working with a geographically distributed engineering team designing, developing, and deploying software.
● Experience implementing SOA solutions is an advantage
● Proven experience in managing distributed agile software development teams
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with experience communicating with up to C-level
● Ability to work efficiently and intensely while juggling multiple priorities
● Up-to-date knowledge of the industry
● Experience with complex, ambitious and high growth businesses that rely on a robust operational infrastructure to succeed