Our client is startup technology company that is developing a new eCommerce platform to support the growing maritime market place. They are looking to hire individuals to participate in an international team and build up internal technology powerhouse on modern technologies and with no legacy. Early hires can aspire for managing technology roles as company grows.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer you will be working closely with the software engineering team in building an advance web eCommerce(b2b) application including master data management and order management platform.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
• Design and develop data-quality improvement methods and scripts to address the completeness, currency, accuracy and availability of the data.
• Design and develop data ingestion scripts to load data into Elasticsearch from disparate custom data sources.
• Prioritize and plan for deliverable in an iterative development strategy, according to a 2 week scrum schedule & 1 week regression testing.
• Design, document, code, and test technical solution for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
• Follow agile software development methodologies for implementation.
• Support application deployments in production environments, including performance and functional testing.
• Monitor and maintain system health and ensure efficient operation; automate common tasks.
To be considered for this role, you need to have;
• Web application development experience working mostly at the back end or application layer
• Strong hands on knowledge with full implementation of ElasticSearch
• Strong experience in SQL and writing complex queries with joins and aggregate that deals with large amount of data.
• Ability to perform data related benchmark, performance analysis and tuning
• Strong skills in In-memory applications, Database Design, Data Integration.
• Strong understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and databases - NoSQL/ MySQL/ PostgreSQL/ MongoDB/ DynamoDB
• Strong understanding of web application architectures